For my local readers, you should know where this story is headed. For my out of towners, here is a little background.
Susie is the receptionist (although she has given herself a different title I can't remember right now) at our church. Since our boys go to "school" twice a week there, we always stop by to see Susie. Mind you, we stop by along with almost every other child. You see, Susie LOVES these kids. And I mean LOVES them. And they all LOVE her. And not only because she gives them candy!!
So, back to today. I had to drive a ways to a bank, actually a mortgage company, to get a check endorsed. (That is a whole 'nother story I won't bore you with today) So, I'm trying to keep the boys quietly occupied while we are waiting for our paperwork. We are doing fairly well until the end. The lady is handing me the papers and telling me what they are, and I'm trying to halfway pay attention and watch J at the same time. But before I know it, he has RUN to her desk, OPENED the top drawer--which just happened to have some candy in it--and grabbed a piece of candy!!! I'm running over to grab it back out of his hand, all the while telling him we don't just get into other people's desks!!! He has the death grip on this piece of candy, and the lady ISN'T laughing. I finally get it out, put it back in the drawer, grab my papers and leave--carrying a screaming child all the while!!
As I'm telling S about this incident, he immediately reminds me that J has been trained to do that!!! That is where the Susie influence comes in!!! I told a few other people about this incident today, and they all immediately mentioned Susie!! She is known in these parts!!!
But I love Susie, and so do my boys!! We just have to keep reminding them that not all desks have candy, and not all desks are fair game for rumaging through!!
Monday, February 18, 2008
The Susie Influence
Posted by Becca on 2/18/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How funny! Now I want to hear the story about why you were at this mortgage company to begin with!
Post a Comment