Three years ago today was my due date with baby #1. We chose not to find out the gender of our baby and most everyone thought we were crazy for it! That afternoon, we were about to learn that I would be induced early the next morning. We didn't really know what to think, but we were excited. We went to eat dinner at Demo's and I was contracting the whole time. I think I made 2-3 trips to the restroom during dinner. Our server finally asked when I was due and wasn't surprised when I told her NOW! We stopped by Kroger on the way home and after we got back in the truck, S remembered he forgot something. So, he just pulled to the curb and ran in. Well, I had to pee SOOO bad I thought I was going to die. I don't know what happened next, but either my water broke or I peed all over myself. S came back out and found me trying to balance my very pregnant self without touching the seat. I told him to get a towel to put under me and he kept asking why! I started laughing trying to tell him that I thought I peed on myself. He didn't know whether to laugh or be worried and get to the hospital. I finally convinced us both that I had just lost complete control and peed all over me. It was one of the funnier moments we have had together. I had contractions all night and by the time we got to the hospital the next morning my contractions were regular and I took very little pitocin. I then had contractions every 2 minutes until the baby was born. I opted to have natural childbirth with our fist baby and Scotty was the BEST coach EVER. There is NO way I would have made it without him. He did not leave my side the entire labor. For a first pregnancy, my labor was rather short, probably 7 hours total, with 45 mintues of pushing. I ended up with a spinal or something similar after the fact for repair work and that was a trip in itself. My doc tried everything to keep from giving me one since I made it through labor without it, but in the end she had no choice. I was so hopped up on demoral by that point it didn't matter to me. Evidently I was talking nonsense to the anestheseiologist, so he had to go talk to Scotty! After all that I ended up passing out and everything. But all was better by the next day! We both had a feeling the baby would be a boy, and he was--Eli Swift!! Eli because we liked the name and Swift after my granddaddy. He was a whopper too-8lb 7oz!

Tomorrow is Eli's 3rd birthday, my how time flies! He is getting a toddler bed. I KNOW, some of you are thinking, what is he sleeping in now?? Well, he is still in a crib. It really wasn't intentional to keep him in it this long, it just happened. It does have a low rail and he can climb in and out, but he is officially moving to a big boy bed. We'll probably do bunk beds or somehow put them (E&J) together eventually, but this is an inexpensive in-between option for now. We actually bought the bed yesterday and E and S were going to put it together last night. Well, when they opened the box, part of the frame was busted. E was SO torn up about it. It was quite pitiful. We got the bed exchanged today, so they will put it together tonight!
They got the bed put together and Eli is asleep in it for the first time. He didn't even try to get out! We'll see how things go through the night and in the morning.

Tomorrow is Eli's 3rd birthday, my how time flies! He is getting a toddler bed. I KNOW, some of you are thinking, what is he sleeping in now?? Well, he is still in a crib. It really wasn't intentional to keep him in it this long, it just happened. It does have a low rail and he can climb in and out, but he is officially moving to a big boy bed. We'll probably do bunk beds or somehow put them (E&J) together eventually, but this is an inexpensive in-between option for now. We actually bought the bed yesterday and E and S were going to put it together last night. Well, when they opened the box, part of the frame was busted. E was SO torn up about it. It was quite pitiful. We got the bed exchanged today, so they will put it together tonight!
They got the bed put together and Eli is asleep in it for the first time. He didn't even try to get out! We'll see how things go through the night and in the morning.

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Eli! Great birth story - I'm impressed that you didn't find out what you all were having, we didn't have that much patience. :)
Happy Birthday Eli! Hope you enjoy your big boy bed!!!
How did the 20/20/20 class go Becca? I'm sure you made it just fine!
Good luck on the 1/2 marathon training! You'll do great!!!
Happy Birthday ELI!
Post a Comment