Have you even typed up an entire post and then read back through it and deleted it? I just did that. As I read it I realized how stupid it was going to sound. So, I guess that means I don't need to be posting right now.
However, I am pretty pumped that we have been to the Y three times this week and we plan to go again this weekend!!! I have felt great about the running I have done--not that is that much yet, but it is a start. Now I just need to get the eating back in line. Homemade chocolate chip cookies are my absolute biggest weakness in the world and I had made some for our quiet night at home New Year's Eve. I have finished them off now, almost single-handedly, so maybe I am good for a while!
I have learned that after having two kids and jumping over the 30 year mark (a few years ago) my body just isn't the same. When I trained for the marathon a few years ago, I ate most everything in sight and didn't gain any weight. I know I was running crazy miles, but still!! And the flab is just disgusting--it will be tamed this year!!
Does anybody do any classes at the Y? Can you recommend any to me? I am so not the aerobics class type, but I would like to try something.
Friday, January 05, 2007
Stupid Post
Posted by Becca on 1/05/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Becca,
I enjoy reading your blog and being able to keep up with your precious family. Maybe I will get motivated to do my own sometime. I finally joined the Y myself recently. Hannah has been my little motivator b/c she actually asks to go. She loves it! I have certainly felt better about myself but still have a long way to go. I am interested to see if you get any recommendations about classes there. I was wondering the same thing!
Carla Drake
I do several that I really like, in no particular order:
1. 20/20/20 on Mondays at 4:15. Carrie teaches it. It is broken into segments of cardio, strength training and core. I definately feel it the next day...or two.
2.Pilates: Thursday at 9:30. Great after dropping the kiddos off! Sandi teaches it and she really pushes you. I am beginning to see the effects of this class. It really tones.
3. Totol Body Conditioning: This is a straight strength class which works every muscle group. I like it because I do better in a class than doing this on my own. I like the direction and how they push you.
4. Jason really likes Boot Camp.
I tried step and felt like an imbecile. Totally pride busting!
These are at the Y in Smyrna.
Post a Comment