Sunday, January 07, 2007

Happy 83rd Birthday Grandma!

This weekend we celebrated my grandma's 83rd birthday. Today is actually her birthday--along with a few other cousins in the family and two days before Eli's. We have lots of January birthdays in our family. Anyway, it was so good to see much of my dad's side of the family. My grandma is an amazing woman and I could type all day about how amazing she is. I have always thought she was beautiful, especially when I have seen pictures of her younger days. She doesn't remember too well anymore and doesn't leave the house much. But my aunts came in this week and took her to the beauty shop and got her all dolled up and I must say she looked more beautiful Saturday than ever!! She really is the sweetest person I have ever known. It is such a blessing to have grandparents who have passed on a legacy of faith and continue to be a shining example of how we as Christians should live. She has four children and all four were there yesterday--something that doesn't happen too often as they are in 3 states and 1 foreign country. Here are some pictures from her party!



Grandma with her delicious cake

Tom, Etta, Grandma, Anita, Dwight(my dad)


On the way home we were on the interstate and these motorcycles passed us. As I casually looked out the window I saw a DOG on the back on one!! It was hilarious--he had his own goggles and everything. I think I about made Scotty run ragged off the road trying to get a good view so I could take a picture! We saw another car take pictures too. So, here it is---





Lots more exciting events this weekend, but that is all the time for now. We have J's follow up ENT appointment in the AM, so hopefully he'll see the tubes HE put in!!:)
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANDMA--I LOVE YOU!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

That dog is hilarious!!