I know we should take everything to the Lord in prayer. But sometimes I am quite guilty of trying to fix things on my own for way too long. We have had some problems with E and naptime, especially at school. We talked and talked and took away rewards and everything else I could think of. I said a few token prayers here and there, but nothing was helping. So this week I have been back in my Celebration of Discipline book and I have been reading the chapter on Simplicity, ironically enough! This was really perfect timing for this time in my life. I have found just in the last few weeks how simplifying my life makes me SOOO much happier, and in turn that effects those around me. I digress....I have really prayed this week about what to do with E and naps and all that. So Monday night as S and I were praying I sincerely laid it before the Lord. E and I had our usual talk Tuesday morning on the way to school and I dropped him off. I'll have to admit, I felt a little anxiety around nap time as I was fixing my lunch and the phone rang. But it wasn't his school and when I went to pick him up, there was his sucker!!!!! (they get one each day if they are "good") I was so relieved and he was happy and all was good. We called daddy and bragged and today he is already asleep. He only called me back once for a book and that was it! I know the Lord answers prayers, and He just proved it to me once again. I am ever so thankful! I think this re-teaches me that staying grounded in the Lord is key to all areas of our lives. Duh!! I know we'll have days that aren't as smooth as others, but I am thankful for this week. And I am thankful for the simplicity we are implementing in our lives--we are truly happier and having more fun!
Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It's amazing how God answers all our prayers, big or small.
What is so funny is that when we sincerely lay those before the Lord and turn them over to Him, we are still surprised when He answers them. :) It really is the little things in life than make us so happy. I'll pray for a great week next week too! Way to go Eli!!
Post a Comment