I am venturing out of my comfort zone today and trying out the 20/20/20 class at the Y--at least that is the plan. It will probably kick my butt halfway through the first 20, but it'll be good for me! I hope I can walk tomorrow! Once I get there I may chicken out and just run, we'll see!
Have you ever sold anything on craigslist? I had my first sell this weekend and it was hilarious. I had several things listed, one of which was a snowman clock that played music on each hour. It, along with most of the things I listed, was still in the box. I got an email from a guy who was interested. I thought it was odd that a guy was interested to begin with, and he lived in Madison! Well, it just so happened that we were going to Madison for my grandma's birthday on Saturday, so he met us up there. This guy was probably 50-ish and was quite excited about this clock. Oh, I only asked $5 for it!! So, he told us that he has a snowman collection----over 1800 items!!!! BUT, this is his first clock! So, he pulls out a 10 dollar bill and thinks that is what I had asked for it. I corrected him and he couldn't believe it was only $5! He shook Scotty's hand and gave me a hug. It was so funny. I also had a gold rope chain listed for $20 and I am meeting a lady today who is getting it for her daughter. She (the daughter) said it was going to finish her Christmas. She seemed so excited. It is funny that I have had these things for years and not used them, and someone out there is excited to be getting them! I just wish the rest of the stuff would sell, just to get rid of it!
Monday, January 08, 2007
20/20/20 + Randomness
Posted by Becca on 1/08/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey-good luck at the class. I have tried any of the classes yet. We will be at the Y sometime tonight!
You know I have sold somethings on Craigslist,I think we have talked about it before. i have never bought anything on there,but check it regularly just in case there is something on there I just can't live without!! Oh wait--I did get the cool log playhouse in the backyard from the "free section"!!
I wish I could go, but I am keeping the kids out one more day to make sure they are truly not contagious!
Have a great time! Carrie does not normally do any wierd step stuff. She does jumping jacks, jump rope and various other things to get your cardio in.
Obviously I meant to say that I have NOT tried any classes at the Y!
Post a Comment