Happy New Year! Our celebration this year was quite subdued. We stayed home since J was sick and S slept on and off until midnight. I read and we watched Garrison Keilor's show at the Ryman. S had wanted to go to that, but obviously we didn't, so watching it was nice. So, on to resolutions. I have not always been serious about them, but have always thought about what I wanted as goals for a new year. I have come to realize that ORDER in my life is what makes me happy and able to enjoy life. I don't mean in a crazy way. I have just learned that when my life is chaotic, I get stressed. Just this past week we have been intentional about keeping the house picked up. We found a place for all the new toys and each day we put them away. It is a constant thing, but worth it. I remember when I was training for my marathon a few years ago. I had an 18-week schedule that I had to stick to in order to be ready for the marathon. That caused me to order the other areas of my life too, and that time was great. I ran when I needed to and felt good about things. And that was a team effort, I could never have trained or completed a marathon without my coach/trainer/husband!! So, my first resolution is to create and keep order in my life--in all areas. Here is the rest of my list:
2. train and run the Country Music 1/2 marathon in April (and become FIT)
3. read more (I already finished one book I got for Christmas!)
4. get our money's worth from our YMCA membership!
5. make our home warmer (i.e. decorate and paint and have fun with it!)
Since creating order encompasses so many things, I should probably keep the rest of the list short. I think if I succeed in having order in my life, the other things will happen too.
So, I am off to order the house! What are your resolutions/goals? How can we help each other achieve them?
Tuesday, January 02, 2007
ORDER UP!!
Posted by Becca on 1/02/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment