Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Heart Ache

My heart aches occasionally and today is one of those days. I just read Kelly's post about going to Africa and S made a comment Sunday that is making my heart ache for Africa--he just said that there are many roles to be played in our chuch's initiative, not just going on a trip. He went on to use me as an example--that I won't be going on a trip but will still be part of the initiative.

You see, a group of folks is going back to our partnership in February. Again, I am not a member of that group. At least not one that will physically be going--I'll be doing my part here. I really have it in my heart to go back this year (meaning 2009), maybe this fall sometime. However, I'm not sure that will happen. For a number of reasons. But I just long to go. I know there are other important roles to play, like PRAYING, so that is my current season.

This is a picture from our January trip. Doesn't this look like such fun?!? This was a village we visited and the girls got to help in the kitchen--this is the kitchen.

I will be back...


3 comments:

Kelly said...

I wish you were going as well, since I am the only girl! And because I know what a heart you have for Africa. Please do pray. Leaving the kids is playing with my head, which I know is such an attack from the enemy!

Jeanne said...

Oh, girls, I am SO thinking about Africa today, too! I was just thinking of posting my thoughts. I think it's the whole reflecting back on this last year and all the changes in us, spiritually and emotionally, and how God has grown in us this love, His love, for the people of West Africa.

I'm praying right along with you, Becca! And I think you will be back in 2009!

Carey and Norman said...

I too have always wanted to go on a mission trip to Africa. I do feel that one day I will be given the opportunity; however, I feel like my time needs to be spent at home with the kids since I get so little time off work.

Loved the picture!