Thursday, March 13, 2008

Finally, an answer

Well, we made another trip to the doc today and he confirmed what we suspected--a VERY BAD case of hand--foot--mouth.

You know when the doc walks in and immediately says "you know this is the type of case they take pictures of for textbooks" that it isn't good. He even admitted that when you hear that you know you are sick.

I wouldn't say J is deathly sick by any means. I mean, he was just playing in the dirt outside earlier tonight. But, he does have a severe case of the disease. Unfortunately, it is a virus and there is nothing to do for the poor guy.

About the only thing that seems to bother him is his mouth. I guess mine would hurt too if I had all manor of sores in it! But he is tough and handling it like a champ.

I guess we'll hole up for a few more days and see if I can make myself completely mad and out of shape!

Thanks for all the concern for my baby, and the suggestions on what in the world is wrong with him!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Poor Jonah.....and poor mommy. I hope he feels better bedore you go crazy. You are still welcome to the numbing stuff I have for his mouth.

Jeanne said...

Poor little guy! I know he is miserable....and I'm quite sure you are, too. Please let me know if I can help at all. I'll come over and hang with the boys for a bit if you need a break. Really, let me know.

Laura said...

Poor guy! Surely it can't get any worse and it'll start to clear up soon!!! I completely understand your "trapped at home" feeling. A couple of weeks ago when both girls were sick, I thought I would go stir crazy! Robert was in the middle of his job change, on top of coaching basketball, coaching soccer, and having to attend training for the soccer stuff. And of course, since he teaches SS, if the girls are sick I'm always the one that has to stay home. So I went like 5 days straight and didn't get out of the house other than to walk to the mailbox! So I do understand your pain!!! I just hope & pray Eli doesn't get it too!

I hope you're able to have a good week-end and that Jonah gets well soon!!!