Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ARRRRRRRGH!

Does anyone else despise dealing with health insurance issues? I have spent the last hour on the phone with countless people explaining myself over and over. Most of that explaining was for me trying to understand what the heck I owe or don't owe, and the people listening probably yawning from my ignorance.

AND, I've not even got it all settled yet!!! YUCK!

We are generally healthy people, so I don't have to deal with this very much--and that is a VERY GOOD THING!

1 comments:

Laura said...

Yes - I hate dealing with insurance issues too!!! When Robert changed jobs recently, of course our insurance changed too. Our new insurance was effective March 1st. AND the girls both already had appointments scheduled for March 4th. I kept waiting for our new insurance cards to come in the mail, but turns out his info wasn't even submitted to Aetna until the 3rd, and it was effective retroactive to the 1st. So I talked to all sorts of people both in HR and at Aetna trying to get the info I needed to take the girls to their appointments!!! And here's the thing - I was just trying to get the info that would be on the ID card - like the group #, ID #, etc.!!! You wouldn't think that would be too difficult, would you? But it took numerous phone calls and emails. Seems like things are more complicated than they need to be!!!! I feel your pain!!!