For any of you out there reading this tonight, please send up an extra prayer for Jonah. We ended up back at the doctor's office today. Our doctor was booked, but when he found out we were there, he made sure he saw us. We are so thankful to have such a great pediatrician. J's oxygen levels were low when we got there and his temp was over 101--the highest he has ever had. We did a breathing treatment pretty much immediately, and that helped his oxygen levels a little, but they are still borderline. (meaning needing hospitalization for oxygen) I was quite worried I was going to the hospital--with Eli in tow since Scotty is out of town!! He checked his ears too, and both are terribly infected. He said he wouldn't have believed they were clear 24 hours ago if he hadn't seen them himself! Things can change in a hurry. His white blood count was high too, so he probably has pneumonia. But he didn't send us for a chest x-ray since it wouldn't change what he was going to do. He gave J a shot of Rocefin (sp??) and we go back tomorrow. He made sure I was comfortable taking him home and doing more breathing treatments tonight. I told him I was OK with going to the hospital this afternoon if it would keep me from having to go in the middle of the night. Of course he couldn't promise me that won't happen, but we are praying hard!! Jonah has pretty much slept since we left the doctor's office. He woke up for a little while and I tried to feed him, but he just wanted to be held. He did great during his breathing treatment and is sleeping now. He doesn't sound great, but better than he did earlier today!! This breathing stuff (or lack of) really scares me.
So, all that to ask for your prayers! Hopefully we'll have a better report tomorrow!
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Late Night Request
Posted by Becca on 11/02/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Becca,
We are totally praying for you guys about all of his precious ear stuff. We're so sorry you have to deal with any of it (especially poor Jonah) and hope that God heals him very soon.
Love, L (&H&R)
Post a Comment