Saturday, September 02, 2006

What A Day!

Well, I'm sitting here at the computer because our water is off. You know how it goes--you start one project and in the middle try to jump into another and end up with a mess on your hands. Well, we had decided that we wanted to get the boys' rooms painted and the leak in our tub fixed this weekend. So, we moved all the furniture in the boys' rooms and started that project. I got the wall in Jonah's room painted and needed more paint for the second coat and for Eli's room. Since we had to go to Lowe's, Scotty decided to look at the tub and see what he would need to get. Well, after a while he checked things out and took some things apart, he was afraid he had a big problem. So, we left the water off and went to Lowe's. Of course Jonah fell asleep so I stayed in the truck with him while Scotty took Eli in with him. After 45 minutes they came back with the paint and the stuff to fix the tub. So by now it is lunch time so I'm fixing the boys lunch and Scotty goes to fix the tub--shouldn't take long. Well, it didn't--he came right out and said we had a REAL problem on our hands. As he was trying to unthread something or another he ended up pulling the three copper pipes apart. I don't know exactly what that means, but we now have plumbers here and they may have to cut a hole in the wall!!! AND, we still only have one coat of paint in Jonah's room!! Needless to say, the house is a mess and we have no water.

It is funny how having no water in Africa was bad, but having no water here seems worse. I guess I didn't have two kids to take care of in Africa. Oh well, it really isn't that big a deal in the grand scheme of things, just an inconvenience.

But if we stink tomorrow at church, now you know why!

3 comments:

Alison B. said...

If you would like to come over and shower at our place, feel free! We can entertain the babies while you get ready - it's on the way! Let me know.

Becca said...

Thanks Alison!! I appreciate the offer. They got the pipes capped off for now and were able to turn the water on in the rest of the house. So we'll just have to use the other shower! We should smell nice and fresh in the AM!

Kelly said...

Don't you love home improvement!!