I just looked at my last post and realized I posted it on Monday, and it is already Friday. I knew last Sunday night that this week was going to be a bit crazy, and it was. We went to grandma's house Monday. Then Tuesday after class and school for the boys, my friend Laura and I went to Cookeville to visit our dear friends who lost their father last weekend. We didn't get home until 10:30, with all four kiddos! On Wednesday we met some friends at the park to play and had a picnic lunch, and then of course we went to church. Thursday was class and school again, and then we went to the park with some other friends (man, we have lots of friends:)). And now it is Friday--and I am doing laundry.
I really, really, really, want to have my house professionally cleaned. Like a real, clean everything kind of clean. So, I called a few places and so far I have one quote-$280!!! How crazy is that? In case you have never seen our house--it ain't that big! Now I know they clean everything, but come on! So I'm waiting for another call and quote, hoping and praying it is way less. Because if it isn't, I guess I get the job, and I don't get paid anything except the satisfaction of having it done.
So, I have decided between now and next Tuesday (cleaning day if I do it) I'm going to do a few things each day so it isn't so bad all at once. We'll see how that goes! I am doing laundry now, so that should help, but I better get to it. Just thought I should post something since it has been all week!
And here is a cute picture of Eli in a costume my mom made for my younger brother when he was way younger--maybe 5 or 6? Eli loves to play in it just like Ryon used to--the hems are still out where mom took them out so Ryon could play in it when he outgrew it! Thanks Ryon & mom! 
Friday, September 22, 2006
Is it really FRIDAY?
Posted by Becca on 9/22/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Someone to clean your house is the BEST. Last year we had someone come every two weeks and it was great but by the two week mark it was madness. I wish I could afford weekly!!!
A deep clean would be so nice though!
Today is laundry day for me too!!!
um, i know this sounds extravagant, but i already told you that we budget to have the Merry Maids every other week. in a time when we are all so busy (and I know we don't even have kids yet) my time is worth more than what i pay them for an hour of cleaning. if i can choose to spend time with brad or work on something for a client instead of what two Merry Maids can do in a couple hours it is a better deal. I highly recommend outsourcing EVERYTHING you can to have more time to be with your family.
I too would LOVE to have someone come clean my house. I haven't checked into the details so I would be intersted in knowing what you find out regarding price, etc.
Eli is a cutie! Will that be his costume for Halloween this year?
Any luck with your cleaning? Did you end up working on it yourself or were you able to get a more reasonable price?
Love the costume - very cute!!
Laura
Post a Comment