You may or may not know, I am a middle child. Yes, I'm the only girl, but still the poor neglected middle child--no offense to my parents of course. Anyway, I always said that when I had kids the second or middle would not be overlooked, espeically all the "firsts." WELL, I guess I should eat my words. As I was checking out all my blog friends posts last night I couldn't help but notice that almost all had posted lovely pictures of their sweet children going to their first day of school--either the first day ever or just the first day this year. Now, to my credit, I did think about taking pictures yesterday, but somehow it just didn't fit into the day. Yes, it was Jonah's first day ever and it went fairly unnoticed. Of course, he took it in stride having a great day--whining just a bit as I handed him off.
Those first borns are all the same though. You would have thought I was sending Eli to boot camp. We had talked through what we were going to do, even dropping Jonah off first. We then went to put Eli's backpack, lunchbox and napmat up and then off to the door to kiss, hug and say goodbye. Well, of course Eli starts clinging to me and causing a scene--which I am not a fan of!! Then he proceeds to lay himself down in front of the door, flat on his stomach, face in the floor. So I just ignore him and sign him in. I pry him up and hand him to his loving teacher and walk off. It was ALL a show--as soon as he thought I wasn't around he was laughing and playing with his friends!! All in all he had a great day, just a little trouble calming down at naptime--no surprise there! But he got his sucker at the end of the day which meant he had been good!!
So, to Jonah I am sorry for letting this day go by without pictures and hoopla and all that. And I vow to keep trying to be better!!
On a funny note, one of the reasons I was so rushed yesterday is that my first class starts at 9:40, so I have to get to campus, find a parking spot and walk to class in less than 40 minutes! At the beginning of school this is a challenge since traffic can be terrible. Anyway, I always try to learn my students names quickly since we are supposed to be a more laid back, interactive class. Now in my second class I have a Jonas and a Micah, and they don't sit next to each other. So, I was going around the room rattling off names and came to Jonas first and immediately after I said his name I said Micah. Of course Micah piped up and corrected me, thankfully before I could say Nahum!! Now I know the book in the bible is Jonah, not Jonas, but I realized a few minutes later that that is where my mind went after saying Jonas--reverting back to bible drill days. I didn't tell on myself in class in case they would think I am dorkier than I really am, but it made me laugh at myself!!
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
I Said I Wouldn't Do This
Posted by Becca on 9/06/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Don't feel bad, i didn't take pictures either! Nor do I scrapbook!
you are so funny! surprisingly enough aaron took our pics since he took the kids to school.
Love the story at the end about reverting back to Bible Drill days! I find myself doing that quite often.
Post a Comment