I remember when I was younger coming home from school and I could tell the cleaning lady had been there--it smelled so good! It's been a while since my own house smelled that way, until today. I found a reasonable price to have the house cleaned this week and they came today. The best part is having clean baseboards! The only bad thing, well two bad things. 1. the boys and I were stuck upstairs for two hours, and 2. I now want that smell every week! Needless to say we all three were ready to get out of the house after being couped up together for two hours, and I was not about to let the house get dirty after paying to have it look so good! So we headed to the park to meet Ashley and her crew.
We had a great time and ate lunch and all that good stuff. Then I see Eli doing the pee pee hold, so I tell him we're going to pee. Sam comes along too. We're all in there and all is well. We do our business, wash our hands (twice because E goes back to the stall and touches the potty!) and we're back out to play. Now I had no more gotten to J and Eli has the poopy look about him, and Sam is telling me he is pooping. I run to E telling him NOT to poop in his underwear, but it is too late. Of course I have NOTHING for him, no diaper, no underwear, no clothes. Fortunately I have wipes in J's bag. So we're back off to the restroom to clean up the mess. There were these two little girls (maybe 10 or so) who kept coming in and out and I heard them say, "I can smell it!" I felt bad, mad, and embarassed. But didn't have time to focus on that, I was just trying to keep poopy off of everything. I squeeze E into a size 3 diaper and we go to put the poop in the potty. No big deal, Eli flushes and has no issues with it. I think I jinxed (sp??) him because I had just told Ashley that he just would never poop in his underwear, he just holds it. But he went all day yesterday without pooping, and I guess he really didn't have much choice in the matter! SO WHY WON'T HE POOP IN THE POTTY?? I tried to have this logical conversation with him about it on the way home, but it just didn't get anything accomplished. He doesn't seem to be bothered by any of it so I guess I shouldn't be either.
Just another day in the life....
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Clean smells so good, but poop doesn't!
Posted by Becca on 9/27/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
so funny. well today i bought cayden thomas the train underwear hoping that he'll figure it out. I think on Friday and Saturday we'll spend time playing outside in only underwear and see what happens. I think I'll even bring the potty chair out there. The neighbors will surely think we've lost our minds!
Post a Comment