Thursday, August 17, 2006

Who Are You and What Have You Done With My Sons??



OK, For those of you who know me and my children, you know that we have very good sleepers. WELL, the times have changed. We finally took Eli's pacifier (taci, as he called it) away a month or so ago. It was not such an easy transition as we still struggle getting him to sleep. However, bedtime is MUCH better, but naps are another story all together. For instance, yesterday he was in his bed for about 2.5 hours and NEVER went to sleep. This wouldn't be such a huge problem if he was just in there minding his own business. But he isn't. I made umpteen trips in there, for various and sundry reasons. You know the drill....I need the covers, I need the music, I don't need the covers, I need a book, I need a ball, and the list goes on. So of course I tell him he is getting the spanky spoon the next time I come in there. Well, he calls for me again and when I go in with the spoon, he has his shorts and diaper off and tells me he needs to pee-pee in the potty. Since we are trying to potty train, we rush into the bathroom and he actually pees in his potty! So then he is wide awake and ready to play. I finally gave up after 2.5 hours and let him lay on our bed and watch DragonTales as I got ready for church. He almost fell asleep then, but didn't. Needless to say Jonah didn't sleep well either. They just took turns crying and screaming. I really think they planned it that way--the first of many "plans" against their mother I'm sure.

To top it all off as I got about 200 yards out the driveway for church--after forgetting almost everything I needed to take with me--they were BOTH asleep!! So I drove around in peace for a few minutes!

I guess to make up for all that, Eli fell asleep in the truck on the way home from Sam's Club today and is now still sound asleep. He's bound to be tired--I am! Now if Jonah will just get on schedule!


I don't know if you can tell what this picture is, but it is almost all the laundry I have done this week. It has taken me all week to get it all done and it is still not put away--as you can tell. That is the hardest part for me to get done, I don't know why!

3 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

WOW our lives sound oh so similar. you know it is a good day when both boys are asleep at the same time ... well as I write this Deacon is sitting beside me NOT sleeping and what is cayden doing? sleeping of course. I may try and get deacon back in there but then i run the risk of waking cayden up. isn't it just a vicious cycle!!!

i'm also glad to know i'm not the only person who piles laundry on the couch!! in fact i have a pile right now on a chair in the living room that was done two days ago and i never take it upstairs. i actually had to get something out if it this morningto wear and still didn't take it upstairs!!!!

Alison B. said...

oh man. our whole guest room bed is covered in clean laundry. it seems like the only time it gets put away totally is when someone comes to stay with us. maybe we need some houseguests!

Anonymous said...

It is very comforting to me to see that I am not the only one who has trouble putting my laundry away. I'll wash, dry it, fold it but I'll do every other chore imaginable before I'll put it away. Rick says the girls are old enough to put their own laundry away but that would make me a hypocrite as obviously, I am not old enough to put mine away yet. Your naptimes sound like mine used to be. Now I let the daycare workers deal with naptime. They have better luck at it than I ever did - it must be the peer pressure. I will enjoy checking out your blog. It seems like a good blog to me. Tell me more about Africa.