Monday, August 21, 2006

Another FIRST!!!

Eli is 2.5 years old and has never climbed out of his bed, or really even tried. I guess I knew the day would come--since he is STILL in his crib. Well today is the day. He has been in there about an hour and a half supposedly taking a nap, but not yet asleep. He just called to me and when I went in there, he was sitting on his changing table with no shorts or diaper on!! He told me he hurt his head and his pee pee---well it's no wonder!!! So I promptly put his diaper on and he told me he would get back in bed, which he did. OH, and somehow he managed to get the side rail down--the one you have to pull on both side knobs at the same time to do--yep he got it down. I guess we'll be making a trip to get some bedrails and moving into a toddler bed!!

On a funny note...today in the truck he was talking about getting a new seat for him to ride in. I told him he would get one when he turns three years old. So, we were talking about his birtday and how old he is and how old he will be. Suddenly he told me, "Let's not talk about that anymore!" For some turning 30 or 40 is hard...I guess 3 is going to be hard for him! He comes up with some pretty funny stuff!!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I am surprised it has taken Eli THIS long to crawl out of his bed!!! you had it coming!!haha. Good luck moving to a big boy bed!!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

i laughed thinking about him climbing out and getting on his changing table and taking off his clothes ... what a smart little guy!! At least you made it this long!!

Anonymous said...

tell eli that uncle heath & uncle ryon are super proud!