Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Bringing Up Boys


I am mostly through the book by James Dobson and highly recommend it if you have boys. It has been really good for me to read. Except it makes me worry a little more, but then again, most anything makes me worry. You know, are my boys going to grow up to be Godly men, am I doing all I can to raise them right, etc. But one thing I loved in the book was about how boys should want to be like their dad - duhh?! But it is neat to read something and then see it right before your eyes. For instance, Eli loves his daddy and wants to do everything he does. We were on vacation last week and all Eli was concerned about was that his daddy was with him. It is such a high calling for Scotty, but I'm not worried because he is so cut out for the job. He loves his boys SO much and that makes me love him so much more. But he not only loves them, he is so involved in every detail of their lives - from discipline to poopy diapers to wrestling!! It doesn't relieve the mom of her duties, but it just emphasized how important a father is to his sons. SO, why am I staying home with them?? HA, just kidding. I know my calling for now and as Scotty says, "You are doing a good work and you cannot come down!" I agree, I just hope I am doing it well.

3 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I love boys and their daddy's! Cayden too wants to be just like daddy! Can you imagine how they will be when they have little girls!!!

Anonymous said...

I need to get that book. Sometimes it's hard to figure out what is going through Tyler's head. He's a mommas boy through to the core.

Steve

Anonymous said...

bec,
you ARE doing it well. i'm proud of you (and the boys)

uncle heath