Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Jumpin in Puddles & First Steps



Eli got some rain boots a few weeks ago and has been waiting for it to rain since. So today was his day. As a treat Scotty stayed home today (and so I could teach) so we all went out to stomp around. It was only sprinkling, but fun was had by all. Jonah headed straight for the grass/mud and was very determined to go his way.

Speaking of, Jonah took his first steps on Saturday. He walked a step or two to Pop and then a few to daddy. He is trying to grow up so much faster than I really want him to. He quit eating baby food a few weeks ago and has become a bottomless pit, eating anything and everything at anytime. If you eat around him, plan to give him some. He had chicken tonight and loved it. I remember when Eli started on table food, Scotty wouldn't let me give him ANY meat until after his one year check-up. (I'm not sure what was magical about that, but whatever) I couldn't help but laugh tonight when Scotty was putting Jonah in his carseat and made the comment that we might have to turn him around to face forward early!! He would have never done that with Eli--I promise! But none the less, Jonah is such a happy boy and loves to be in the middle of any play that is going on. He just smiles and laughs watching Scotty and Eli play, it is so sweet. I see lots of tickle fights and pillow fights and all those boy games in my very near future.

We had open house for the boys "school" tonight and met their teachers. Now, we just wait for next week!!

1 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Yeah steps ... won't be long until he is chasing big brother!!