Saturday, January 10, 2009

We'll Not Do That Again For A Long Time

We did it and lived to tell about it. But we won't be doing that again for some time, if I have anything to do with it!!

I knew I didn't want E's birthday party at our house this year having a newborn and all. So we finally decided on a CEC party. I knew it would be a bit crazy, especially on a Saturday in the winter. I totally underestimated the craziness. I guess it didn't help that it was raining today, so everyone wanted to be inside. Let's just say chaos abounded.

But we made it. We ate pizza, played games, opened gifts, and ate cupcakes. And we left. And came home to the somewhat clean house that we left a few hours earlier. That was the best part for sure.

E has loved everything he was generously given. Both boys have gone from toy to toy playing all evening. It has been fun to watch them play together, then alone, then together. And they got along remarkably well.

So, we've done the mouse party, no more mouse.

2 comments:

Carey and Norman said...

Happy Birthday Eli. I agree that once children are bigger that having parties out of the house is easier and less stressful. I think having them at a location you can completely rent out is the safest, least stressful way to do them. Glad you enjoyed the Cheese even if you won't do it again :o)

lauraknight said...

Gotta say that when you told me Eli's party was at the house of mouse, I thought to myself..."I wonder if she knows what she's getting herself into?" :) Glad you survived, and I bet Eli had a wonderful time!!