I remember when I was pregnant with J several people telling us that he would most likely be a "bad" baby. Maybe they were just trying to prepare us, I'm not sure. E was such a good baby, and some just didn't think it was possible to have two good ones in a row. We did have some encouragers though. And J was as good a baby as E!! I admit, we have been blessed.
Our pediatrician called it "sour grapes!"
Well, I think I fell victim to the negative crowd. Since E potty trained so easily and relatively early for boys (or so I hear), I had convinced myself that J would be a nightmare. Now, I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch, so to speak. But I think we have turned a big corner in this area. I have been so reluctant to let him wear anything but a pull-up, espeically out of the house, but today we are being adventurous.
J has been in big boy underwear all day, even at the Y, and no accidents so far!!!! He has done so well the past week telling us when he needs to pee or poop. We're not ready for nap or night time, but I am so excited at this mile marker!!! I kept saying that he would do it when he was ready, and I'm glad we didn't pressure him. Just constant encouragement, which he eats up!!!
Monday, August 25, 2008
Sour Grapes
Posted by Becca on 8/25/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congratulations!!! That's awesome. Go Jonah.
I keep wishing that Owen was ready and maybe he is, I don't know. He will stand there and try, sit there and try, say that things "arent' working", get off and promptly go potty. I think we had such a hard time with Drew (still do at times), that I'm not even ready to go there with Owen.
Maybe his friend Jonah can talk him into it!
And, don't let anyone tell you negative stuff about #3 either. The third one was a breeze to get used to.
potty training is so hard, but worth it in the end and makes your purse much lighter ...lol
email me your phone number ... i would love to talk about your mission trips to Africa and how I might help w/ some humanitarian aid ... i have some big thoughts in my mind and want to start acting upon it in the new year after i finish the book ...
Post a Comment