Monday, February 12, 2007

Weekend Fun/Run

Well, this weekend was a fun one. My mom and dad came down Friday morning so I could enjoy my massage and manicure. It was great! My massage was so good I made S an appointment for today--that was his Valentine's Day gift! He deserves it. Anyway, Friday night we went to the annual Romance & Roses event at our church. We laughed ALOT and had a great time!!! We got home rather late, but still got up and going to run the Predators FANGtastic 5K Saturday morning. S took me down to the GEC in the freezing cold weather. Mom and dad kept the boys at home. The race started at 10am, and it was about 30 degrees outside. I was layered up, but by mile 1 I had lost my hood and soon after my gloves! I think there were 2200 registered runners, but only 1599 finishers. Anyway, this was my first race in several years, so I was just aiming to finish. Of course in the back of my mind I was *hoping* to finish in under 30 minutes. But since I haven't been training on the road, much less any hills, I wasn't sure how I would do. Of course everyone was out of the gate super fast, so as I paced myself everyone just flew by me!! When I got to the first mile marker, I was at 9:53, so I knew I was a little fast still. Oh well, it was lots of fun and my final time was 30:24--almost under 30! S stayed outside the whole time, so his toes were freezing. We didn't stay around after the race, headed back home to the warm house.
While we were gone mom taught E a new song. You can see the video below!

Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

1 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

great job with the race!

love the new song!