Friday, February 23, 2007

Piano Men


E and J love to get on the piano and play. It's funny, they always seem to find the volume button and end up scaring themselves silly. I hope they learn to play the piano someday. I just love these boys, they are truly a blessing and a joy.

I was just looking for a new picture of them to post. We have been home all day. I took a few pictures today, but haven't downloaded them yet. We had some friends over this morning, another Eli and Anna. They are each a few months older than E and J, respectively. They played over here for a while so their mom could work. Let's just say, if I had two sets of twins, I would be in great shape because I wouldn't have time to eat and I would be running around all the time. I know, when they are your own it is different. And, they did a great job of playing together and all, but I just felt like I was running from one kid to the next. It was funny to see the boys interact with a little girl. It was like they didn't know what to do. J kept hugging her and she would just look at him. He is such a loving kid. E kept telling me she had a big belly!! (not the least bit big compared to his younger brother!!) Then he would say, "I love her big belly!!" It was hilarious because he said it with all the sincerity he could muster!

I am a little worried about E tonight. Just after lunch he complained of his tummy hurting, and has continued to do so throughout the afternoon/evening. Against my better judgment, I let him have pizza and a banana for supper. I know, I'm just asking for it. But he was so convincing that he felt fine and really wanted pizza. I'll remember that 3 year olds don't know best when I'm seeing that stuff for the second time! He's also coughing and wheezing some---generally reserved for the younger child---so I know he isn't feeling great. We prayed that he would sleep well, and I went back in a few minutes ago and prayed over him again. I have heard him cough some, but he doesn't seem to be waking up.

I have my long run tomorrow--a 5 miler. I am actually looking forward to it. We'll see how it goes! Now I'm off to mop some floors!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm burning the midnight oil since R. is gone tonight. Hope Eli is okay and that he feels better in the morning.

Such a cute story about your boys and the little girl. Just goes to show that they need a sister! :)

Laura said...

So nice of you to keep Eli & Anna while Kelly worked. She told me they're moving to Hendersonville this summer.

How was your night? Did Eli sleep well? Did you sleep well?

It's been a week of sickness here. Katelyn has had a fever since Sunday and is now on steroids & antibiotics, along with the usual breathing and allergy medications. Thursday night was pretty much a night of no sleep - she couldn't go more than a minute or two without coughing. Last night was better - maybe she's finally getting over it.

Hope your run goes well today!

Becka said...

I like J's outfit :) Rita and Verble were saying that J is only about 5 pounds shy of E! I feel like we haven't seen them in forever - I guess I haven't seen them since before Christmas.
By the way, Happy Late Birthday to you and Scotty. We have a gift for you both, but Corey is INSISTING on sending it with a batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies. And since I have not had a chance to bake them yet.............. :)
You should have heard Corey and Verble trying to install our dishwasher tonight. LOL After about 2 hours, they got it.