So the boys and I have been to see lots of animals lately. Last Friday my mom came down and we went to the zoo. Scotty got off work early and got to come too. Eli just loves animals, so he had a great time. Today we went to Cripple Creek Farm. My friend Tammy told us about it so a group of us checked it out today. We didn't call ahead so when we got there no one was home. But this family is clearly a good Christian family who loves children. "Farmer Joe" came home shortly after we got there and felt bad that he didn't have time to show us around because he had to cut hay, but told us to make ourselves at home! They have so many animals and a playground and a real train caboose and even a bathroom outside--not an outhouse, just outside bathrooms! We saw camels, cows, water buffalo, eland, bulls, zebras, reindeer, sheep, goats, chickens, a kangaroo, donkey, ostrich, elk, a baby buffalo, and some other animals we couldn't readily identify. We took a picnic lunch and ate at their gazebo.
So it was a good day and it wore the boys out, so they took a good nap this afternoon. That always helps! Now they are clean and in bed and I have tons to do, but I am not doing it. I need to get ready for class tomorrow, I need to start packing, I need to finish laundry, I need to pick up the house--well, mainly the toys and stuff:)! I'll get to that later. Scotty and I area going to Palm Beach (check out where we're staying) and the boys are going to the grandparents. We are excited to get a way for a little while. S will be attending a conference so I'll just be soaking up some sun and relaxing a bit during the day.
I didn't even take my camera today, so I don't have a picture to post. I did take some at the zoo, but they are still on the camera. Maybe I'll get some downloaded soon--I'm off to work on my list of stuff to do!
Monday, October 02, 2006
Zebras and Reindeer and Camels, Oh My!
Posted by Becca on 10/02/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YOu'll have to tell me about the animal place, b/c i know that cayden would love it.
your hotel looks amazing. have so much fun!!! order roomservice!!!
Oh my goodness! Your hotel looks fabulous. Have a wonderful, relaxing time! We'll see you when you get back.
Have a GREAT time on your trip!!
Post a Comment