We are so ready for Friday around here. That means daddy is coming home!! S has been out of town since Sunday working very odd hours (mostly in the middle of the night on a bridge with big truck whizzing past). He is ready to be home too. We are celebrating J's 1st birthday this weekend! I can't believe he is turning one!! I have had such a time getting things together. Obviously being home alone this week makes things tough in itself. But I didn't have class Tuesday so I spent the time the boys were at school going to many different stores. I had my list all laid out, even numbered as to which store to go to first, second, etc. So I started off at the bakery and got the cake ordered, then paid for the park shelter. I was feeling good about things as I headed to Party City to get the paper goods and some decorations. That is when things basically fell apart. They only had one or two 1st themes to choose from, one of which was for a girl. Icouldn't believe it. So I went to Target, they had nothing. Then I tried Hobby Lobby, nothing. So I moved on to find an outfit for J's pictures next week. Absolutely nothing. So the day was not near as productive as I'd hoped. I picked up the boys and got packed up to head to Cookeville. We got there just before supper, so I headed out to look at a few store there. I hit the jackpot at Factory Card place. HOWEVER, when I got to the register the total was $70!!!!! I just about had a cow right then and there. So I paid and walked out knowing full well I was going to bring it all back, which I did the next day. I really realized that J doesn't care what plates are at his first, or any other, party, and there is no reason to spend that amount of money on something we are going to throw away. So today I went to Wal-Mart and got some cute but generic plates and napkins!!
But I did splurge on the invitations. My good friend from HS does that type of stuff from home and she put them together for me. Check out her website, she is just great to work with and does an awesome job! So, we'll have a cute cake to eat on generic plates but a cute invite to go in the memory book! It is all good!
The only other excitement around here is that one of my prego friends, Tammy, had her appendix removed this week. And another prego friend, Laura, just delivered baby Kate this afternoon! That is enough excitement for me. Please keep both these families in your prayers--they are doing good, but can always use the prayer support!
I didn't get any pictures this week, but I will definitely have some this weekend. I will have to say, the boys have been really good for me this week. I know Scotty has prayed hard for me, as he always does but especially when he is gone, and the Lord has heard his prayer! Now come on home honey!
Thursday, October 19, 2006
TGI...AlmostF!!
Posted by Becca on 10/19/2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Girl, I hear you about wanting your hubby home ... we've had a crazy few weeks around here too with Aaron in and out LOTS. He is home now!
Happy Birthday J - see you tomorrow!
Post a Comment