Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Labor Day Weekend--part 2

On Sunday before church we went out on the tractors for a few pics. I thought they turned out pretty good for an amateur.

J in the big tractor.

He wasn't too fond of this shot--he thought he was going to fall off.
That is one big tire!
Two farm boys.
J on the smaller tractor.
Hitchin a ride from daddy.

Isn't this beautiful?
E & S on the smaller tractor.
J driving again.
E driving.

After we cleaned up, we headed to church with Scotty's parents. Thankfully we have been to church with them before because if not, they probably would have wondered about us.
For starters, the first song was "Holy Ground." In case you aren't familiar, it is a slower, more serious song. Well, E climbs up on the pew and is shakin his hips to beat the band!! Seriously, I was laughing, and he wouldn't stop.
Then, J was having a little trouble being quiet and listening to the choir special. S had the brilliant idea to have him listen for when they sang "Jesus." I knew what was coming. He stood there very quiet, listening intently. Sure enough as soon as the sang Jesus, he yelled "they just said JESUS!!" We both cracked up, but then he kept on. Finally, S told him to whisper it.
I thought children's church time would never come!! We never would have made it through preachin!!
After lunch, we headed to greatma and greatpa's (that is what J calls them--isn't that cute?) house for Scotty's grandma's birthday. I don't have any pictures, but the boys had a blast with all the cousins.
We ended the night by stopping at my parents for a quick bite of supper. Unfortunately, neither boy had a nap either day, so they were worn smack out. E had a accident on the rope swing and scraped his back pretty badly. But we made it out alive and both boys fell asleep on the way home.

It was a great weekend to see family. We rested Monday and are back in the swing of school now!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I love the picture with the barns! It's beautiful!!!!

Hope Eli's back is doing better!

lauraknight said...

Love the visual picture you created when telling about the boys in church. I can just see that happening with those two!! Glad you had a good weekend.