Tuesday, July 08, 2008

TICKED

If you know me very well, you probably know that I have issues with those creepy little things called ticks. (my head is itching right now) I do have what I feel to be a good reason to have issues with ticks. A boy I went to school with died of Rocky Mtn Spotted Fever when we were in high school. It totally freaked me out since you get that from ticks. Put that on top of the fact that as kids we had many tick checks during the summer. I remember my brothers getting them and my mom would take a match to them to kill them. I don't remember ever having one on me, but perhaps my mom saw my fear of them and never told me I actually had one.

Anyway, as I was doing laundry today I found a tick in the laundry basket!!!! I'm sure it came from a pair of pants that S wore while working in the yard. However, those pants have been on the floor in my room and could have had other ticks on them that are now IN MY ROOM!!!! YIKES!!!! I'm proud of myself for not screaming when I saw the tick, I calmly took the basket outside and got rid of the tick.

Anyone else now creeped out??? I guess we'll be having tick checks at our house tonight, even though the boys haven't been outside today!

3 comments:

Andie said...

That makes me itch just thinking about it. I can handle a lot of things but ticks are not one of them. Morgan got one on her one time several summers ago and I had to go get Eric's aunt to take it off because I couldn't do it.

Andie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Monica said...

Okay...now I AM FREAKING OUT...Hayden and Abby are still in Texas at Nana's and she called and said that they found a tick on Hayden...they had thought it was a mole (when they noticed it on Monday) but today it was swollen and red...it was a TICK!!! I didn't know you could get sick from ticks (we didn't have those in Washington)... :) Monica