That is the size of the cyst that was in Scotty's knee!!! Needless to say, it was much larger than we or the doc expected. The doctor told me as soon as he made the first incision in his knee, fluid started running down his leg and just kept coming!! I told him that is what happens when you wait YEARS to get something taken care of!! His meniscus was pretty bad too, they removed about half of it. Again, more than we thought. But overall he came through like a champ. He was a bit chatty as soon as he woke up, which cracked the nurse up!
He has mostly followed instructions since coming out of surgery. We are currently watching the video of his surgery and have absolutely no idea what we are watching. Somehow he talked me into taking him to Uncle Dave Macon Days tonight. I dropped him off close and he sat there while I got food. It was a very pleasant evening and he really enjoyed it. But the skies were turning black, so we headed home. I think by that point he had overdone it. So, we are now home with his leg up and the ice treatment on it. This is really the first time he has had much pain at all, but I have kept him on his pain meds.
Thanks to everyone who has called to check on him, he truly appreciates it.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
3 Golf Balls
Posted by Becca on 7/12/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
WOW! Good thing he finally had the surgery done. I hope he recovers quickly!!!
WOW! That's a pretty big cyst! Sounds like he's a few years late in having that cheched out! Glad that the surgery went well and that Scotty is recovering. Tell him to take it easy for a couple of days!
Post a Comment