Today was just a good day. I think the boys and I were due one. The summer can get really trying sometimes as we don't usually have much of a break from each other on a daily basis, and they can just push the boundaries so many times before I go crazy.
I have learned that they are happiest when we do something active--even though E would watch quite a bit of TV if I let him, and these days being active takes more out of me. At any rate, we started our day at the Y and then headed to the pool. The boys had a blast. Both were jumping off the side into the water by themselves. Both had floaties on, but were really doing great. Swimming wears them out, so we all had good naps this afternoon.
Since S wasn't going to be home for dinner, we grabbed Sonic and headed to the park. These evenings have been just wonderful outside, so we ate and played. Then we stopped by some friends house on the way home. The boys LOVE Ms. Wala (aka Laura) and Mr. Rodney and their girls, so they played a little more with them. We just got home and in PJs and in the bed.
After I read to E, he just sat with me and we talked about our day and how much fun we had. I'm glad we did. He doesn't talk like that with me very often and it was just a sweet time.
As I tucked him here was our conversation:
Me--I love you buddy
E--Love you too baboon (giggles)
Me--Love you too cocoon (more giggles)
What a great end to our day.
Days like today are just good to have, especially as a reminder to how precious our time is with our kids. I know they will be grown before we know it, but I sometimes have trouble remembering that.
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
A Good Day
Posted by Becca on 7/01/2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a great ending to your day. Glad you stopped by last night.
Sweet, sweet boys.
I've tagged you. Check my blog!
A
Post a Comment