Thursday, June 07, 2007

Laughing, at MY expense

Don't you love it when people laugh AT you, not WITH you? Well, today I had to privilege of giving the UPS man a good laugh. And I'll have to admit, I was laughing at myself right along with him. Here's what happened...

The boys and I were outside playing and I decided that since it hasn't rained in forever and our yard is nice and crisp, I should water the flowers. Maybe they will survive the drought. Anyway, I pull the water hose out and get to watering the flowers. I thought getting the water guns out was a great idea, so I did. I filled them up for E and he had fun with that. J wanted the sand bucket full of water, so I obliged. Of course, he immediately dumped the entire bucket on himself, but that is what he wanted, so he didn't mind. AND, my outside rule is that they can play and have fun, even if that means getting dirty or wet. So, I take off to water the flowers and the boys follow. By this time E wants his turn with the hose. So we had a conversation about what gets to be sprayed with the water--basically anything that isn't me or J! You see where this is going, don't you!? He waters the flowers, the house, the sidewalk, etc. I recommend he water a little tree beside the sidewalk, so he does. I look up and see the brown truck coming down the street in front of our house. About that time I see the water hose point towards me and spray. So I take off running like a sissy, into the garage. As I walked back out, the brown truck driver was in front of our driveway, leaning out his open door, LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF! I gave a little smirk and waved. I know it must have been pretty funny to see happen, so I hope it made his day! Things went downhill after that, so we put the water hose up. I tried to take some pictures of the aftermath, but no one was being cooperative, so suffice it to say we were soaked, J the most, E the least, and me somewhere in the middle!

Life with boys...

2 comments:

Laura said...

At least he didn't squirt the UPS man!!!!

Jeanne said...

Gotta love those boys! That's exactly something like would happen at my house....with little smirks on their face as they are spraying!