My friend Jamie tagged me. Wow, I haven't been tagged before! So, here is some useless information about yours truly.
Here are the rules. Each player starts with seven random facts about themselves. People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. You need to choose seven people to tag and list their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog!
1. I was a cheerleader once in my life--sixth grade to be exact. I begged for years to try out for cheerleading and my dad finally gave in, with one exception. If I did make the squad, my skirt had to be down to my knees!! Well, I made it and the skirt was the appropriate length. Besides looking silly, I was NOT cut out to be a cheerleader and it only took that one year for me to acknowledge this.
2. I was very accident-prone as a child. I fractured my skull one year and broke my arm & leg at the same time the next year. Those were the major incidents of my childhood, but there were many other incidents. I guess that is where J gets it. If you haven't seen his head or knees this week, you will know what I mean when you do see him.
3. At the end of my freshman year in college I quit drinking carbonated beverages. I haven't had one since 1993--except one Sprite in Mexico because they wouldn't let me drink the water. Let's just say that it is a good thing sweet tea isn't carbonated!
4. I have never, ever owned a Barbie. I'm not sure the reason for this, but I actually don't remember even playing with Barbies as a kid. I was one of only a few girls in the neighborhood and my best friend was a tomboy (love ya Carrie!), so I rode bikes, played ball, and played in the dirt.
5. I do not like public speaking. I can do it and will if I have to, but I much prefer to be behind the scenes making things happen. In my old job I had to speak to large groups of parents (of college students) about stuff, and I always felt like I was saying the dumbest things. Sometimes they laughed and sometimes I just laughed. And my face gets red at the least little thing!
6. I have only been pulled over by the cops once in my life. That was a few years ago. I was late to a hair appointment and only slowed down at a stop sign. He let me go, thank goodness. I always thought I would burst into tears if I ever got pulled over, but I retained my composure!
7. I would love to participate in an Ironman Challenge someday. I know it will never happen, I would drown. But a girl can dream.
I don't think I can tag 7 people who will follow through:), but here is my tag list:
Laura S.
Michale
Gwen
Ashley G.
Ashley Z.
Kristie
Andie
Get to it girls, give us some random facts about YOU!!
Friday, May 11, 2007
Tag
Posted by Becca on 5/11/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
i knew i liked you for a reason ... i was a big tomboy also growing up ...i did my tag ...see ya on mother's day at fbc ...
i was a cheerleader once also. I loved it but was not very good at it and my dress was to my knees also. No barbies, that is a shame. Public speaking did I forget to tell you that as a VBS director we need you to make an anouncement the Sunday before VBS and invite the church to VBS??? I hope thats ok. HAHA just kidding.
Love the random fact about the cheerleader skirt. So funny!!
I don't remember playing with Barbies either except when I went to Shelley and Melita's house. Shelley and Carrie would play cowboys and indians and Melita and I would play Barbies. She even had the swimming pool! What a hoot...good memories!!
Post a Comment