Wednesday, May 09, 2007

landscapes and triathlons

Those two things really have nothing in common except they are occupying my mind right now.

We are looking for a landscape architect to help with some big picture stuff in our yard. Anybody out there used one or know one you would recommend?

As for the triathlon topic, I am thinking about doing a mini-triathlon as my next adventure. Has anyone done one? What tips might you have to get started. I have done a bit of research on the web, but a first person account is much better. When I started running I talked to Rodney W. so much and learned more from him than anywhere--and we still talk about running! So, what advice do you have for me?

Thanks for your time and I look forward to your comments!

5 comments:

Laura said...

What are your big plans for your yard?

Good luck on your pursuit of a mini-triathlon! Can't say that I've ever done one.

Megan said...

Becca- Eddie participated in a mini-triathlon a couple years ago and it really was a neat event. Team Magic are the organizers and they have these events all over. The one Eddie did was Old Hickory Lake this year it is Sept. 8th the website is below. Hope this helps! I think for sure if you can complete the half marathon this would be a great event for you!

http://www.team-magic.com/tmtri/ohltri.htm

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Oh my gosh! A triathalon - SO GOOD FOR YOU!

:)jamie

dreamingBIGdreams said...

okay I tagged you ...

Kristie said...

Yeah, I did one of those back in college...LOL, right! Girl, you amaze me! :)