May is a time for celebrating several anniversaries in our family. The numbers in the title are the number of years that my grandparents, parents, and we have been married. WOW! 66 years, can you imagine?!? (I think I have some cousins with May anniversaries too, but I can't keep up with all of them!)
We spent the day at my Nana and Pawpaw's house, and it was a good day. They have lived in the same house for a LONG time and needed a new water pipe laid. So, mom enlisted the guys and they all pitched in to make it happen. My dad, husband, brother, uncle, cousin, and little boy all helped. Yes, E was a real trooper. He was so excited to get to help. He absolutely loves to be outside working, with his work boots on of course. He hung in there all day, stopping briefly to play with the puppy and to eat. I think Nana and Pawpaw will enjoy the water flow in their house a little more tonight!
SO, 66 years. What an example they are. Not only have they been married 66 years, but they love each other and serve each other every day. They haven't just lived together that many years--which is incredible in itself--but they have loved each other for that many years. I feel incredibly blessed to have them as an example of a successful, happy, Godly marriage for our family. Not only have they been married 66 years, but my parents also celebrate 38 years of marriage this month. They also love and serve each other. What a legacy they will leave for so many generations to come. If we can follow in their footsteps, which we plan to do, we will be one happy old lady with one happy old man! :)
I could talk about my grandparents, and parents, for a long time. All of them have always been very special to me. I am so proud of them. They have all been an incredible example to me. As I get older I learn more and more from them and from the way they live their lives.
Thanks, Nana & Pawpaw and Mom & Dad for your example and for the love you give our family! May we all celebrate 66+ years of marriage one day!
Oh, and when they celebrate their 70th anniversary, I'm going to call Willard Scott! I saw him talk about a couple the other day who had been married 80 years! AWESOME!
Saturday, May 26, 2007
66+38+9
Posted by Becca on 5/26/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What an incredible heritage! You are very blessed.
What an example! When you & Scotty hit the 70 year mark, I'll call Willard Scott for you guys!!!!
WOW that is amazing. Karl's parents have been married 42 yr. and his grandparents were married 64. My dad and stepmom have been married 31. It is something to be proud of that is for sure.
What a blessing to have grandparents and parents in your life that can help you thru the journey of marriage... a great example is one of the legacy's we hope to leave our children ... Happy Annv. to all !!
sweet words, Becca! You brought tears to my eyes. I'm thankful with you and also thankful to have been blessed by the love your parents have given and modeled.
Post a Comment