Those aren't always the sweetest words to hear, but when your baby is sick, they are such sweet, pitiful words. I thought E had dodged all the germs, but today they have hit him. He was not too bad this morning, but after nap he was worse and has gone downhill since then. I really hope that our friends at the park today didn't get too close!!
E is such a trooper though, he puts up a good front. Everytime I ask him if he feels bad, he tells me he doesn't. Even though his eyes speak much louder than his mouth! Tonight after dinner he sat on the couch with sweat pants and shirt on and under the blanket, watching Charlotte's Web. I walked in to find him on the verge of tears. S walked in about then too. Of course we were both asking what was wrong and he kept telling us he was fine. A few minutes later as I sat by him watching the end of the movie, he asked me why Charlotte had to leave! He was choking back tears. I'm sure the fact that he doesn't feel good added to his emotion, but he asks this almost everytime he sees the movie. He got this video for Christmas--it is the original version--and it is the only full-length video he has watched. I think he has seen it about 10 or 15 times!! He really has a tender heart.
So, tonight I didn't mind holding him when he asked. He is NOT my cuddly one, so I really soak in the times I have. I thought tonight about how when I was growing up. Any time I was sick I wanted my mom--she just knew how to take care of me best. Actually, it wasn't too many months ago she came to take care of me again--S and I were both sick and E was a baby, and I was prego. Mom came and took care of all of us and the house!! Anyway, I got a little nervous tonight wondering if I'll be able to take care of my babies that way. I just want to make them better when they hurt, you know? I pray for rest for E tonight and healing and wisdom for me to take care of him the best way.
Having kids really is a great reminder of our relationship with God. He so wants to comfort and take care of us. We just need to crawl up in his lap and let him. He always wants the best for us.
Friday, March 30, 2007
"Mommy, hold me"
Posted by Becca on 3/30/2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
How's Eli doing? So sorry to hear that he hasn't been feeling well. Hope he's doing better!
Post a Comment