Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Officially Over It

I know that with motherhood comes the good and the bad. But can I just say that I am OVER the poop?

Here's the low down:
10 DAYS of diarrhea

1st trip to the doctor--put on probiotic

2 days later ears hurt

2nd trip to the doctor--double ear infection--put on antibiotic

1 day later beginning of fever

1 more day later--return of diarrhea--thank you antibiotic

4 days later--continual fever above 102, WORST diaper of his life and mine (I'll spare the details, suffice it to say it couldn't be contained)

3rd trip to the doctor--flu test, cbc, overall check--bad virus, nothing to do, should be better in 24-48 hours--but the ears are getting better;)

1 day later--still have a fever and still have NASTY diarrhea and now we have a continual steady stream of snot

I'm afraid to ask what's next! Any diagnosis from you mothers who have been through it all?

3 comments:

Laura said...

I know there was a BAD stomach virus going around here recently. I have friends that have 9 month old twins, and both twins got the virus and it lasted over 10 days. The boy actually had it worse than the girl and ended up in the hospital for 4 days! He was actually vomiting also for that long, as well as having diarrhea. We didn't get it, but from the folks that I heard from that did, it was horrible and seemed to drag on forever. I just hope that Jonah is starting to feel better and that the rest of you don't get it! Sorry that it's been such a round 10 days for you guys.

Jeanne said...

Sounds viral in the worst possible way, my friend, and absolutely nothing you can do but wait it out....

I'm sure you are keeping lots of fluid in him....and giving lots of hugs...those are the two best things I can offer.

It's just terrible when several sicknesses are compounded on top of each other! Thinking of you!

Laura said...

Okay - I just read my comment above. I guess you may have figured out that I meant to type "rough" instead of "round!" Not sure what a round 10 days would be like!!!