You have probably noticed that my hair has been quite long. Well, it has served its purpose. Some time ago I "announced" that I was growing my hair out to donate to locks of love. I don't know exactly why I decided to do it, but I did. So it has been growing along nicely.
But today was the day for it to come off. I ran the 1/2 marathon last weekend and don't have the need for a ponytail as much now. Here are a few pictures.
The LONG ponytail attached...
The LONG ponytail not attached... The result...
I have been reading some about locks of love and just feel like this is something that I can do right now. I don't have a lot of money to give--or the smarts-- to find a cure for things, but I can grow my hair.
I hope some little kid somewhere is blessed by the wig that my hair will go into making.
5 comments:
I didn't realize that today was the day. It looks great from the back...looking forward to seeing it from the front.
Wow!!! Can't wait to see the new haircut! Awesome thing you did with Locks of Love.
Okay, don't think I'm corny here, but I just have to tell you one thing that I really appreciate about you. You are very focused and steadfast in your goals (Locks-of-Love, training for races, etc.). When you decide you are going to do something, you stick with it and do it, no matter how long it takes. That's a quality that not many people have, I wish I was more like that. It encourages me to see.
I love the "new hair cut" feeling! I can't wait to see your new do.
way to go!
i'm hoping to have mine ready by the end of the summer.
were you sad to see it go? i think i'll be ready!
can't wait to see it.
:)jamie
Wow!! It had gotten really long - longer than I've ever seen it! Actually, your new haircut looks long compared to how your hair was when I met you!!! You look good with any hairstyle! Hope you're liking your new hairdo!!
Post a Comment