Friday, January 11, 2008

Ya'll Have GOT To Try This

So, in spin class the other day I learned a new "healthy" or at least "better-for-you" recipe for cake. I'm all about the sweets, so I had to try it out. Get this--

Buy a box of cake mix--yellow, white or strawberry--and get a can of diet lemon-lime soda. I got the off-brand because Publix has them by the can on the shelf, 4 for $1!! Just mix these two things together, bake it, and EAT IT!!!! It was so good, just by itself. It was recommended that you put lite whipped topping on it, but I liked it plain!

I was a bit skeptical, but it was great!! They said you can do a chocolate cake using diet cola!!

I just wanted to share this awesome discovery!!! Try it and let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Alison B. said...

you can get creative with our soda flavors too...cherry cola and chocolate cake, orange soda and white cake, etc etc etc. fun times!

Anonymous said...

Isn't that the greatest!!! Nicole Grisham got us started on it. Have yummy fun!!!

Nicole said...

I love to make it with Devil's food cake and diet coke. Then add cherries! yummy!

Anonymous said...

This was SO good. I was surprised!

lauraknight said...

I've thought about this several times since spin class and wondered if it really was as good as Dawn made it sound. I'm glad to know that it is. I'll have to try it soon!

Daddy said...

Becca-
Shawn told me that several of her friends asked when I was going to update the Mary Katherine blog...well, I did it...and will keep it updated...sorry for the delay...I'll pass your blog site to her also!
~Michael

Jeanne said...

Have to try this! And I have a bazillion cake mixes at home, so maybe for dessert tonight....do you bake in a 9x11 or bundt pan?