Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Happy Birthday Eli!!

Today Eli is 4 years old. He has been a little, actually a lot, reluctant to embrace his birthday this year. When he woke up this morning I wished him happy birthday. He pouted and said he didn't want it to be his birthday. Later he told us he didn't want to turn 4. Sorry little guy, but it is definitely better than the alternative!

We were surprised shortly after waking with S coming in the door. Unfortunately our hooptie of a car died just a mile down the road. Fortunately, daddy got to be home for E's birthday! We have had a great day.

Once we got home from the Y and the grocery store, we let E open his gifts. He was super excited then! Here are a few pictures:
He got a new basketball--just his size!

(He actually made a basket, but it was the ONE time I didn't take a picture--what timing I have!)


He also got a soccer goal.


After playing a while, we went to eat at CFA. Now the boys are resting, but we have an afternoon of cookie-making ahead!

Eli is such a sweet and smart boy. He has grown up so much in the last few months--enough to make his mommy a little sad! I'm so proud of him and know he is going to do great things in life!

5 comments:

Andie said...

Happy Birthday Eli!!! Sounds like you guys had a great day (minus the car breaking down).

The Zehrs said...

Sorry about the hooptie! HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI!

Laura said...

Wish Eli a BIG Happy Birthday from all of us! I can't believe he wasn't excited about his birthday! So the Camry broke down on Scotty? Sorry to hear about car trouble, but at least you were able to have a little more birthday fun with Scotty home!

Laura said...

YEAH! So glad that my little HTML discovery could help you out too!!! Your blog looks great!!!

SUZANNE said...

Happy Birthday to Eli! Can't believe he is already 4 years old. Love the new look of your blog. I am soo happy that I found this web site because it looks like a lot of people are starting to change their blog and the best part is that it is free and easy to change!