Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Time Change--Go Away

I have never given much thought to the whole time change issue--we fall back an hour in the fall and we spring forward an hour in the spring. No big deal. Unless you have a 2 and almost 4 year old, that is. Seriously, this time stuff has never been a big deal to them. But this year is different for some reason. They have been "off" for several days now. The other night J was asking to go to be about 6pm!! He would just lay around on my lap. We finally put him down about 7:15. But they are both waking up on the old time--oh around 5:30am!!!! Anyone else's kids having difficulties? What are you doing?

4 comments:

Alison B. said...

we're having time change issues too.
not sure what to do either.
older, wiser parents - where are you?

Andie said...

The past several years we've had some problems with the time change but I'm thankful that we haven't this year - it's been harder on me than them. I hope your kiddos get adjusted soon - yours too Alison.

Anonymous said...

Rain has just been taking 3 and 4! hour naps.

So, sometimes he gets up like an hour before bedtime. But, then he goes to bed. Well, he might talk and sing for awhile, but eventually he goes to sleep.

Rodney Knight said...

Ours have done OK so far. Mary as been tired, but they have quite taking naps in kindergarten too. Laura and I have been dragging. I think the reason most have a hard time with it is that the time change occurred several weeks later in the Fall this year, which means that the days were already feeling shorter and then when fell back making it all that mush worse. Don't worry, we spring forward earlier too.