All of these words describe my oldest child. I'm praying one day these prove to be positive characteristics in the right situation. However, right now he can really push my buttons.
For instance, this is a picture of his last soccer game. He has really enjoyed soccer this year, once we got past the first game, he has done well. Until this day. They were actually playing soccer and he had his "bib" and everything. Well, I think he was tired, but he would NOT play. He said he was guarding the goal, but the ball was no where near him. Anyway, afterwards, they were giving out their medals. When their name was called, they were to go give "five" to the coaches and get their medal. Everyone followed suit, except, our son! He refused, completely. It was a little embarrassing. They finally brought it over to him!
Then, yesterday at school was picture day. Here is a shot before we left the house. Aren't they cute?! When I went to pick them up, I heard from every teacher I saw about the "picture experience!" Great--he got everyone involved just trying to get a picture of the kid!!! There were bribes and threats of all kinds--well, appropriate kinds--to no avail. Finally, our dear friend Ashley told him she was calling me on the phone! It should be interesting to see how these pictures turn out! Oh, they said J did great--showing off his missing tooth and all!!
So, you older, wiser parents--I will be grateful for these qualities one day, right?????
2 comments:
I know I told you this tonight, but I feel your pain, I really do. Eli is much like Drew and I understand how it's so hard & frustrating sometimes. I wish I knew the answer for both of us with our strong-willed children. If you figure it out, please be sure to share!
I have no advice, I am just counting on these being good qualities in the future right along with you..... gotta love those boys!!
Post a Comment