Thursday, November 01, 2007

Halloween 2007

We started off our "Halloween season" at the YMCA Fall Festival on Tuesday night. After a brief work-out we let the kids play a while. They had some fun games for the kids and a trunk-or-treat too. E is rolling a pumpkin here. They were timing the kids, so I guess there was a winner, but we didn't stick around to see, he just had fun rolling the pumpkin!



This is J playing the "throw the corn in the hoola-hoop" game. None of us really understood it, but they threw the corn!
Since we weren't supposed to be here for Halloween, the boys had big plans with the grandparents. We let them stay with each set a few days, and while they were at Gran and Pop's house, they carved pumpkins. They got to pick them out, and I think Pop did the carving. In case you can't tell, the one on the top right is Spiderman, and the one on the bottom left is Thomas the Train. You can tell, the boys picked out easy things for Pop to carve!:) Great job Pop!

This is actually on Halloween, getting ready to head out for a few houses of trick-or-treating. J's costume was the one E wore two years ago, and it was a hit. It really seemed to mess with kids the most, they just couldn't figure out the leg thing. J got a kick out of it too. Evidently this was the attacking chicken, and he would ram everyone as they were giving him candy. I'm not sure what he was thinking or where he got that idea!?! I think this picture is funny because it looks like his legs are all shoved up, but those aren't really his legs. Anyway, he also has a silly face going.


E was Spiderman. He decided this long ago and has been so excited about it. I guess most boys this age like Spiderman because we saw about a hundred of them out! Sometimes the mask was up and sometimes it was down, but he loved his costume! The funny thing is, he really has no idea who Spiderman is--we have no toys or videos or anything like that. Oh well, it's a boy thing I guess!



This is how we ended the night--notice what he is STILL holding!




2 comments:

lauraknight said...

Fun times!!

Laura said...

Love the jack-o-lanterns! Very cute!!!

Looks like a fun night! Katelyn kept choosing suckers as her candy of choice at the Fall Festival, and finally I told her to get the good stuff, like chocolate!! I told her she couldn't possibly eat that many suckers! After that, she did start picking out the M&M's! Good girl!