Well, J turns two today. We have already been to the doctor for his check-up and shots. Let's just say that he is off the charts in weight, and not off the charts in height! :) For the most part he did great, being his usual playful self. Although, he wasn't too fond of the doc actually looking in his ears---of all places. In his two years on this earth, he has had his ears looked in about a bazillion times, but he wanted nothing of it today.
But you give that older brother of his an audience and he is going to talk. So, E told the doc all about everything he could think of. And all was fine til we mentioned that perhaps we should go ahead and get his flu shot while we were there. You would have thought I was threatening to pull his toenails off!! So, in the five minutes it took the nurse to get everything ready, we had a cry-fest in the room. I'm sure everyone wondered what in the world I was doing to them, but it was just the anticipation of the shots!! Crazy.
J went first and cried until he got the shot and then he was fine. Then I had to hold E down and when he started crying, J started crying again. Those boys. But we made it and now they are napping.
I would reminisce a bit here about the day of J's birth, two years ago, but I really don't have time. You see, our visas are coming today, so I am packing and doing laundry and packing and going crazy and packing and cleaning and packing. You get the picture!
Here is a picture of the birthday boy checking out his gift from his pal Bradley. As you can see, chaos was happening, so I don't have many pictures from his party. Thanks to everyone who came and made the day special for him. He is still telling himself "happy birthday!"
4 comments:
Lexi says HAPPY BIRTHDAY! YEAH so glad to hear you are getting the visas! Have a safe trip!
i will reminisce on your behalf...
it was a great day. ;)
I can't believe he's two already! Time flies by with the second much faster than the 1st, huh? Hope he had a good day.
Happy Birthday to J! I forgot his birthday was last week. Can hardly believe it's been 2 years already!
Post a Comment