Tomorrow our family will celebrate a milestone. Our oldest will start his first day of kindergarten. Some of us are nervous, most of us are excited, but we all will celebrate!
It was, and continues to be, a journey of faith that brought us to the school we are sending Eli to this year. We are taking a step and praying the Lord will continue to shine His light on our path.
I remember saying, not too long ago, that I will gladly send my kid off to school and never miss a beat. But as I sit here on the eve before his first day, I understand a little of how quickly time goes by and how phases of life are just that, phases. I'm not sure what this next phase of life will look like. I'm sure it will fun, hard, happy, frustrating, and everything else in between. Just like most phases of life.
If you haven't read Rodney and Selma Wilson's book on parenting, you need to. They talk about celebrating with your kids the big and little things. So, tomorrow we are celebrating a big thing. And Eli has chosen to go eat mexican (mommy is loving this) and get a milkshake (daddy is loving this) as his way of celebrating.
Please pray for us--especially our Eli-- if you think about it, both tomorrow and throughout the school year. We are travelling a new path--we've never been the parents of a school kid before!!
I'm sure I'll have a few pictures to post later this week, so check back!
Here we go...
Tuesday, July 21, 2009
Celebrating A Milestone
Posted by Becca on 7/21/2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Praying for you all. Love you much!
You are in my prayers! I am already thinking about Lexi going to school and she is not even 3! Good luck I hope he loves it!
What an exciting adventure Eli is starting today! I pray that he has a wonderful first day of kindergarten and that the rest of you make it through too! I know it will be an adjustment for Jonah since he's used to having a playmate there with him. Enjoy the Mexican food (wish we were there to celebrate too!) and milkshakes!!!
Post a Comment