Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Modesty

What has happened to modesty these days? Now, I am not talking about the clothing choices of a younger generation, although that would fit. I'm talking about in the locker room at my local Y.

I am a modest person, especially when it comes to using the locker room and showers. I am covered up at all times!!

However, it seems others are not the least bit modest. Just today, as I was getting my bag out of the locker, another lady is about 6 feet down the bench from me and takes ALL her clothes off. At first she just stands there, and I'm feeling rather uncomfortable because I just KNOW she is going to turn to me and start a conversation. Thankfully she didn't and finally put her bathing suit on.

THEN, I'm drying my hair at the counter and another lady comes through with her bathing suit on. She has just come from the shower and is trying to work with her crazy hair. She gets it straightened out and then proceeds to take her bathing suit off!!! I'm a mere 3 feet from this lady and she acts as if no one is around. AND she is in front of the mirror! She eventually finds her towel and wraps it around herself and goes into the stall to put her clothes on!! Why bother, we have all seen everything by then!!

Am I the only one that is disturbed by this? I thought things like this only happened in the guys locker room!!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

That is why I cheat and use the family locker rooms. That and the women's locker room is too steamy!!I got lucky today and someone came out of one of the family showers just as I was about to leave and come to the women's locker room.

The Zehrs said...

Well, if they are naked right in front of you, you can at least console yourself that gravity prevails on even the best toned bodies! :0)

Andie said...

I am with you. You know that I cheat and use the family restrooms for a shower too (note to you Y workers, I always make sure that no one is waiting for one and I normally go to the Women's locker room to dry my hair).

I'm VERY uncomfortable with stuff like that too.

Amy said...

And why is it that it is ALWAYS women that have absolutely NO business taking all their clothes off in public, EVER! This topic would make a great Seinfeld episode.

Amy

Ruth said...

She was naked and unashamed just like the scripture says!! Haha

Anonymous said...

I had a lady do this with me one day, only she was so worn out from trying to get her swimsuit off after having gotten out of the pool, that she had to sit down (mid-taking it off) in a chair and catch her breath. She continued to wrestle with it while seated, which was quite a sight. I felt for her, but it was hard not to laugh. Does this make me heartless?

Monica said...

I was shocked the first time I went to the women's locker room at the Y...we've only been members for a few months and normally I just go home right after I work out...but oh my gosh...that day I learned my lesson!!