Well, it has been a week and I can't say I am totally pleased with my progress. However, I did some major cleaning up in our bonus room and sent a few loads of clothes and other random stuff to consignment. What didn't sell, was donated, so that stuff will not be coming back in this house. I consider that a step in the simplifying of my home!
I have not even stepped on the scale this week. First, the battery in my scale died and I just today got a new one. Second, I spent a much needed and very overdue long weekend with my man. We cashed in on a gift from Christmas 2008 and rented a cabin in east TN, dropped all 3 boys with grandparents and spent some quality time together! We had no real plans going in, so it was fun to just pick up and do whatever! We hiked two days, went shopping, ate lots of good food, watched basketball and just spent time together. It was so very nice. SO, not much for the waistline, but it did my heart and soul some good. And that is good for something, right?
Here are just a couple of shots from our weekend. I love this picture of my man! I was goofing off taking it, but I think it turned out great! The one of the two of us is at the end our our hike to the Chimney Tops. It was quite a hike, mainly in snow and mud!! I did NOT climb up the rocks at the top. I just could not overcome my fear of heights enough. I got to the base of the rocks, though, and that was not easy for me. There was more snow than we were expecting, so it made the hike quite slippery at times. My calves felt it the next day, so at least I got a little exercise!
Hopefully next week will have a better update, but baby steps are ok for now!!
I have not even stepped on the scale this week. First, the battery in my scale died and I just today got a new one. Second, I spent a much needed and very overdue long weekend with my man. We cashed in on a gift from Christmas 2008 and rented a cabin in east TN, dropped all 3 boys with grandparents and spent some quality time together! We had no real plans going in, so it was fun to just pick up and do whatever! We hiked two days, went shopping, ate lots of good food, watched basketball and just spent time together. It was so very nice. SO, not much for the waistline, but it did my heart and soul some good. And that is good for something, right?
Here are just a couple of shots from our weekend. I love this picture of my man! I was goofing off taking it, but I think it turned out great! The one of the two of us is at the end our our hike to the Chimney Tops. It was quite a hike, mainly in snow and mud!! I did NOT climb up the rocks at the top. I just could not overcome my fear of heights enough. I got to the base of the rocks, though, and that was not easy for me. There was more snow than we were expecting, so it made the hike quite slippery at times. My calves felt it the next day, so at least I got a little exercise!
Hopefully next week will have a better update, but baby steps are ok for now!!

1 comments:
Love the pics from your weekend. So glad you had fun!
Post a Comment