Monday, March 15, 2010

Getting Fit

For quite some time now I have felt the need to get fit in several areas of my life. Recently I was looking at the calendar to see how long until I return to Africa. I have about 15 weeks. So I decided to set some goals for the next 15 weeks. I am sharing them here to provide some accountability for me. Even if no one still reads this blog, I will be posting my progress over the next several weeks.

Here are the areas I'm working on right now.
--my physical life--I am learning that my body is getting older and things just don't stay the same, or return in the same way. So, my goal for the next 15 weeks is to shed about a pound each week.
--my home--we are committing ourselves to simplifying our home. We have started this process already, but my goal for the next 15 weeks is to do at least 1 thing each week. So far we have re-done and cleaned out our bathroom, made bunk beds for the boys and cleaned out their room. Lots of 'stuff' has gone to Goodwill. Today I organized the boys' clothes. This may not sound like a big deal, but having their clothes organized helps us all in the getting dressed and out the door area!!
--my service--now I'm not planning to not serve. But like many people I know, it is easy for me to over-commit myself and it just stresses everyone around me out. So, I will serve, but I will keep it healthy for everyone!

These boys are worth the effort it will take to achieve the goals over the next 15 weeks. I hope to be a better mom and wife and friend in the process.
Check out the eyelashes on this kid.

And this boy has the sweetest blue eyes I have ever seen.

And this boy is just growing up before my very eyes.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

JCo said...

Is the family going to Africa? Great goals. You will reach them.

Laura said...

Great post! I'm sure you'll reach your goals.

We've been doing "The Simple Life" in Sunday School and it talks about simplifying all areas of life.

Good luck!