Six years ago tonight Scotty and I were holding our first born son in our arms, looking at each other wondering how we were going to make it as parents. We still look at each other that way sometimes. But on that night I remember feeling lots of things...relief that labor was over, relief that recovery from labor was happening, so excited to have a BOY, apprehension about taking care of a baby, excitement to see my true love as a daddy.
It seems like yesterday that our parents were awaiting anxiously news of a girl or boy; that the Knights were coming in as our first visitors; that our hearts were instantly and forever outside our bodies in the form of a little boy--now three little boys!
These last 6 years have been fun, hard, full of joy, maddening at times, incredible. I remember last year when Eli turned 5 telling Scotty that it was going to be a big year for Eli. Just thinking ahead to all he would experience in that year of life, I knew it would be some milestones. Here are just a few that we have walked through...losing his first (and 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th) tooth, learning to swim, learning to ride a bike, starting kindergarten, learning to read, growing up. I am so proud of the young boy that our Eli is becoming. He still challenges me on many days, but I know he has a good strong head that will serve him well. His heart is tender, even if he puts up a tough front. He has become a more affectionate little guy too. He is learning to love Jesus and what that means. He is smart. He loves being the biggest brother and is a leader and teacher to his brothers.
I have learned SO much from having kids, starting with my Eli. He has taught me more than he will ever know. Scotty tells the boys each night that God is doing great things in their lives. I truly believe that and I believe that speaking that truth to them is important. I'm so excited to see what God will do with Eli. My prayer is that he is open and eager for what God has for him.
**I'm really thinking that I am putting stuff up here for no reason as NO ONE leaves comments EVER. But that is OK, I'll keep posting periodically so that one day I can come back and see what life was like. HOWEVER, if you feel so inclined, humor me, and leave a comment!**

7 comments:
I read your blog! :) As you know, though, there is little time to comment with three little ones running around! Happy Birthday Eli! You started a trend in our little class and I will never forget all those little boys we had together.
I read your blog Becca, but I am really bad about not commenting. Sorry. I know how you feel. No one leaves me any comments either :( I'll try to leave a comment every now & then, so you know I'm still reading.
Tell Eli Ms. Kelly said Happy Birthday :)
i'm reading too
I'm always reading, but I often fail to leave a comment - sorry!!! I know what you mean because I feel the same way about our blog.
I remember that day also - I was sitting over here in East TN waiting for the word! And of course, I can't help reminding you that Eli is almost to the day 9 months younger than Katelyn, so I'm sure after coming to see Katelyn in the hospital, you & Scotty were just so overwhelmed with the desire to have your own that you rushed home and, well, um, I guess Eli is the rest of that story!!!! HaHa!!! Happy Birthday Eli!
I am reading too! I always enjoy reading your blog, and sympathizing with the pains and joys of having boys! Happy birthday Eli!
My reading and writing has been a lot more sporadic in this new life of ours....but I'm reading!
Happy Birthday, Eli!!!!
You definitely have readers. I enjoy reading your stories. What a strong Christian family. :-)
Post a Comment