Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Some Comments Please

So, I've noticed that NO ONE is commenting on this blog-o-mine anymore. I know I don't update as often, but it is summer and I have three kiddos to chase around.

So here's your chance to redeem yourself! Seriously, I need some comments here.

We have been working on our budget and our grocery line is CRAZY!!! Now, I know I have 4 boys--plus a hungry mom-- to feed and that groceries cost more than they used to. BUT it is getting out of hand. I am determined to wrangle this back under control.

Here is where you come in. What in the world do you do to keep your grocery bill manageable? I'm in the process of learning the coupon game but any tips would be great. And if you feel comfortable giving me numbers, give them!

I am so asking for your help--any and all who read this blog. I will do an update when the grocery line comes down!!!

Thank you to those who comment!!

6 comments:

Laura said...

Sorry that I haven't been commenting lately! I do read your blog and I know how you feel because lots of times I'll have done a lot of posts and then not receive a single comment. Makes you wonder if anyone is actually even looking at your blog. I'll do better at commenting on your blog!

I know what you mean about groceries! I do use coupons, but I really try only to use those for items that I would be buying anyway. I've tried to plan menus in advance so I know exactly what I need for the week, but I haven't done a very good job of following through with that, especially this summer when seem to always have something going on (track, swim team, swimming at mom & dad's, etc.). I'm sure if I would stick to a menu and plan ahead, that I would spend less at the grocery store.

Hope you get some good tips! I'll be watching!

JCo said...

Ok, so I don't have four boys to feed, only one, but I like to follow a few blogs that help with couponing and smart shopping and meal ideas.

They are:
http://www.5dollardinners.com/
http://www.couponing101.com/

I also plan meals for the whole week before going shopping, it helps me use what I have and only buy what I need and not waste as much.

Hope this helps.
Jen

The Zehrs said...

www.southernsavers.com is my favorite coupon mathcing site! I also "stockpile" which is really strange at first but life has been really busy the last few weeks and honestly I have not been to the grocery store in three weeks except for milk and bread. We have eaten meals created with my stockpile. Another thing I do that I find really motivating is when I make a meal that I purchased the bulk of the ingredients with coupons I calculate how much I spent on the ingredients total. There are times that I have came in under $5 to feed my whole family! Wow, you asked :0)! Sorry for the book!

janagibson said...

I am still reading too! I am trying to learn the coupon game too. (thanks to Ashley and Jessica) I am stockpiling a little and we are buying a friends freezer. It scares me to think of how large our grocery bill will be when the boys are teenagers!

The Barnes said...

Becca,
I have found that shopping at Aldi helps. Liam is older and eats more plus he has friends coming in and out. I only put out a certain amount of snack food, to keep it from being eaten by all the "friends" and I also offer a prepared snack while they are here to keep them out of my cabinets, popcorn, cookies, or muffins out of the mixes I buy on sale. I buy frozen juice and add more water than it calls for. I used to be able to fix 1 can of vegetables but now that's not enough, but 1 bag of frozen veggies is and is cheaper than 2 cans, and I buy lots of those when Kroger has them 10 for 10.

Kelly said...

I do look at your blog often. I have you on my list, when you post it tells me :o). Sorry I am terrible about not leaving comments. I will try to do better :o) No one ever leaves me any comments either, so I should know how it feels & be better about it :o)