Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Last Day of School

This is a picture of Eli on his first day of pre-K. Is it really possible that this big boy is at his last day of pre-K? I never, in a million years, thought I would be sad about this day. But I am. I am learning, through this parenting journey we are on, that many things are different when it is actually you yourself going through them. I KNOW some of you older wiser parents are laughing right now as you knew this day would come, and will come again I'm sure. Maybe it has been the stress of the past few weeks figuring out where we are going to send our precious oldest child to school, or maybe I'm just a little more emotional than I really thought.
I remember not too long ago thinking how great it is going to be to send this kid off to school, but it is proving to be a little bitter sweet. I mean, I was nearly shedding a tear the other night at the thought of him losing his first tooth!! Seriously, where have all these emotions come from!?!?
We have been incredibly blessed to have our boys in "school" at our church. I have always felt so secure in knowing they are there and they have been loved and taken care of. I'm sure I'll grow to feel this way about "real" school too, but I will miss CLC for Eli. He has loved it too--despite a few trips to see Ms. Ruth;)! If any of his teachers are reading this, please know that I truly appreciate you and the time you have invested in and loved on my boy.
In just a few minutes I'll go pick him up from pre-K for the last time. And tomorrow he will graduate.
I'm looking forward to the lazy days of summer and all the wonders my boys will discover. Well, maybe not all the critters, but this should be a fun one!

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Laura said...

So what have you decided to do about school? I'm already dreading middle school and high school! Our elementary school is really good so I'm fine with it. But they go to middle school in 5th grade and that scares me! And high school is even worse! It's hard to believe that after tomorrow I'll have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader!!! Where has the time gone?