Whew, the last few weeks have just been a blur. I'm sure you all have missed me, haven't you?!? So to briefly recap what has been going on, here are a few bullet points and a few pictures!
- S finally made contact with us from Africa when they got back to the capital city on Friday. It was a long time coming, let me tell ya! I even got a new web cam so we could see him. The boys got a kick out of that. We didn't get to talk long, but at least I saw and heard him!
- My Pawpaw passed away Saturday morning, Feb. 28. He fought for two weeks this terrible infection, but it just was too much. He lived a very healthy, strong and long life--90 years and this was his first stay in the hospital! S was on his way back from Africa and I had no way to get in touch with him. It was hard not to have my stronger half with me or even be able to tell him and talk to him about this. But let me just say that my friends are THE BEST. I could not have made it through the week and weekend without them and their support.
- The funeral service for my Pawpaw was so very sweet. I knew he was a very loved and respected man, but the visitation and service just confirmed that for me. Please continue to pray for my Nana. This was her life partner for almost 68 years. She is a strong woman, but I just can't even imagine the sense of loss she is experiencing. It was said during the service that they were a pair. And they truly were. If you saw one, the other wasn't far behind. Man what a legacy they have left.
- I thought by Thursday things would calm down, but not so much. We all loaded up to take E to baseball tryouts. We had the grand idea that S would drop me and K at the grocery store, go to tryouts, come back and get me and go home. WELL, we totally underestimated the baseball situation. Again, if it weren't for friends, I would have spent a few hours wandering the grocery store. I called Alison and she and Brad came to my rescue and took me home and helped me unload the groceries!
- So Friday night we actually sat down and had dinner together at the table. It felt good.
- Saturday was my nephew's birthday party, so we made a quick trip to Cookeville for that. We came home and J started coughing and wheezing.
- Sunday we all took naps and J got some breathing treatments. It was probably his worst night in a very long time. He ended up sleeping on the floor in our room--which NEVER happens--so we (aka S) could make sure his breathing was OK.
- Monday--a trip to the doctor and back on regular breathing treatments. BUT, the weather was beautiful, so they boys spent some time outside. Here are a few pictures of why we don't invest in nice play clothes. And why I see my laundry only increasing this summer!
- So here we are to Tuesday and life just hasn't slowed down. I get the feeling it might not! If you are still reading, I'm sorry to bore you with a catch up post. I have tried to keep some of the funny things said over the last few weeks in my head to share. Maybe I can do that in my next post.
Stay tuned, you know my boys come up with some doozies!
Here are the pictures...
The semi-final product. He cleaned it up a bit and now has the goatee, which I like better!
And then on the more important things--wrestling!! Oh how these boys missed it!


One day all three boys fell asleep on the way home from school. I took the long long way home figuring they would wake up once at home. Well, they didn't. I moved J to the couch, but I couldn't get E out of the van, so I left him there--with the van door open and the house door open. I got so much done in that hour that they all slept!
My parents helped me out while S was out of the country. My boys LOVE to help them take their vitamins. I don't even remember how this started, but my boys never miss an opportunity to help Gran and Pop! (and disregard the pitiful corn plant--I don't know how it has lasted 10 years in my house!!)
One day all three boys fell asleep on the way home from school. I took the long long way home figuring they would wake up once at home. Well, they didn't. I moved J to the couch, but I couldn't get E out of the van, so I left him there--with the van door open and the house door open. I got so much done in that hour that they all slept!
1 comments:
Yes - I did miss you!!! Wish I was there in Middle TN so that I could've helped you out while Scotty was gone.
How's Jonah doing? Rachel is still having some problems, but not as bad as her asthma attack at 4 am Saturday morning. I called the allergist yesterday, and he was able to just call her in some steroids (larger dose!) and Augmenten, so we're hoping that gets her better. March is one of her very worst times of the year. We usually end up with lots of doctor visits and an ER visit in March. Of course, what should I expect when she's allergic to trees, grass, leaves, etc? And her allergies trigger her asthma, which makes for interesting nights. She's on daily doses of Zyrtec, Singulair, Nasonex, and Flovent, and then Xopenex inhaler/nebulizer when she needs it. And then throw in lots of steroids and antibiotics throughout the year. We go back to the allergist in June for allergy testing again to see if anything has changed. But the dr. doesn't like the fact that she has to be on so many meds and yet still needs so many antibiotics and steroids during the year. We're going to talk allergy shots. So that may be in our futre. We'll see.
So glad to see an update from you!
Post a Comment